Sunday, August 24, 2014

First day of School-officially

Can I just say how much I love all the creative and adorable back to school pictures I see on Facebook?  I love the back to school season!  We started this week so naturally, here's the obligatory first day of school photo.


I am biased, but aren't they adorable? 

We are homeschooling and its our first official year of doing school. I've been stressing out about it because I feel that these early years are important for the future of their education. If I mess up, those mistakes will have to be fixed down the road, but a public school system could do the same and, as the parent, I have more interested in their outcome as adults. I have done my research and know that I can teach my kids because I'm prepared. Still, I've been worried all summer. 

However, I chose to use the Memoria Press Curriculum and the first week has been fine. While I don't believe that school should be 'fun' we had some fun moments while working.  I feel that school is supposed to be a challenge, stretching ourselves farther in the pursuit of knowledge and becoming a more refined person. However, I do believe that we should enjoy school. It should provide the satisfaction that we are improving on our skills and talents. That is how this week went. It was stressful, we worked hard and we loved every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment