Sunday, August 17, 2014

New Studio Plans- Before Pictures

I've been watching old episodes of Project Runway lately because I'm a little late to the party. Before the last three years of my life, I haven't been a tv watcher. I did watch Friends as one of my friends had all the seasons on DVD and I had a marathon to watch them all. I was late to that party too. Better late than never. One day though I clicked on Project Runway on hulu to see what all the excitement was about and I love it! I won't blab about why ( right now anyway) but you should know its inspired me to set up a studio of my own. I've been sewing in my living room.

 Here's the current set up.


 
This photo is from when I was making a Rapunzel dress for a friend's daughter. All the pink and purple satin and lace made me feel like a fairy godmother.

I have small , curious children which, as you can imagine, makes an open corner of the living room less than ideal. 
While watching season 4 of Project Runway, I realized that Christian Siriano's work space was tiny but he still made pieces of art. He's an incredible designer who made use of his resources and made beautiful clothes. 
Well, my house isn't huge but I do have 2 walk-in closets. My husband has one and I have the other, where I have kept all the clothing for myself and the kids. (It cuts down on the mess. Pick your outfit, go get dressed, dirty clothes in the hamper, and nothing ( almost) gets left on the floor.) Since our house has been in motion, getting cleaned and organized,  the workspace situation has been no exception. I've moved a large dresser out of the closet into my room and moved all the fancy hang-up type clothes into kids closets. I need a place to sew! Time to make it work.

 Here's some photos of us playing dress up in the closet. I hope its enough to give an idea of what it used to look like because I'm no hauling the dresser back in to take a before picture. I'm too lazy for that.






Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment